'To Do' List - 10 reasons why you should make one!
This entry was posted on June 8, 2017.
Making a 'to do' list is good for you. FACT!
Back in the 1920's a Russian Psychologist called Bluma Zeigarnik collected scientific evidence to suggest that the act of planning activities through to-do lists can reduce the burden on the brain. Here at Edie & Rona, we do everything we can to get Stylishly Organised and we ALWAYS have a 'to do' list on the go.
Here is a list of 10 reasons why making a 'to do' list will help you too:
- Help prioritise everything you have on your plate each day - this will avoid an unhealthy 'information overload situation'.
- Provide you with a sense of purpose when you just don't know where to start.
- Break down the large projects so you can celebrate small achievements - imagine how you will feel when you start to cross off your daily tasks!
- Add some deadlines will help minimise any procrastination (we all do it, right?). Be realistic with your timings though - or you'll be writing the same list tomorrow!
- You'll sleep better! Keep a notepad & pen next to your bed to capture all the things that come to you just as you are trying to sleep.
- Feeling (stylishly) organised can make you feel less anxious and more able to cope.
- Help share the load - a family planner detailing what needs to be done each day takes the burden off your shoulders.
- Add on your shopping list - save time by having to pop back to the shops for the things you always forget.
- Include detail for each task within your to do list ; this suggests each task is more likely to get done.
- Feel in control - if you've written it down, you are on your way. Good Luck!
Need some Inspiration?
We have a range of products at Edie & Rona perfect for getting your stylishly organised with a 'to do' list, whether it's a note pad, a desk planner or a pocket notebook. There is 20% off all of these products until tomorrow (9th June 2017) so you'll have to be quick to nab a bargain.